|Indiana, Armstrong, Cambria, and Westmoreland Counties formed the Tenth Judicial District. The Honorable John Young, Greensburg, Westmoreland County, presided over the first term in December of 1806. Later, in 1874, the Legislature caused Indiana County to become a separate judicial district, the Fortieth Judicial District. In the fall of 1874, Judge John P. Blair was elected as judge and served until January, 1855. Since that time, the Court has rendered thousands of opinions and decisions having a direct impact on the citizens of Indiana County.|
The Court of Common Pleas is a court of general jurisdiction hearing a wide variety of matters including, criminal cases, civil cases, family-law issues, estate matters, and juvenile court matters. Because the Court touches the lives of so many in so many ways, it is considered the cornerstone of the community. The Court of Common Pleas is proud of its work and the dedication of its employees. The Court is pleased to be able to provide the following information regarding Pennsylvania’s Fortieth Judicial District.
The Judges of the Court
|The Honorable William J. Martin, President Judge|
|The Honorable Carol Hanna, Judge|
|The Honorable Thomas M. Bianco, Judge|