Office of Indiana County Treasurer
825 Philadelphia St.
Indiana, PA 15701-3973
For list of local Dog License Agents, click here.
State Dog Law Warden: Bonnie Coleman (724) 639-0319
All dogs Three (3) months of age are required to be licensed in the county where they are located. They are also required to have their rabies vaccine at Three (3) months of age and boosters as recommended by their veterinarian.
Dog License term is from January 1 to December 31, not from date of purchase.
Proof of Permanent Disability:
A copy of a Medicare card can be accepted, also a copy of the person's award letter. Handicap Placards are no longer valid as proof of permanent disability and cannot be used to qualify for a disability license.
Lifetime Dog License Procedure:
|Fees:||Sr. Citizen Fees:|
|Reg Male/Female|| |
- Make an appointment with your veterinarian/tattooist
- A few days before the appointment come to the Treasurer's Office for the issuance of the Lifetime Dog License Number And Tattoo Certificate - This is mandated by Dog Law
- Present the Tattoo Certificate at the time of appointment. The dog will be tattooed on the right hind-inner part of thigh. The tattooist will complete the certificate and return it to you.
- Return the Tattoo Certificate (& Spaying/Neutering Certificate - if applicable) to the Treasurer Office as soon as possible. This must be done within the same month, unless it is completed at end of month. If this occurs, bring back as soon as possible in the next month.
- If for some reason your dog cannot be tattooed (sickness, etc), please call us (724-465-3845) for further instructions.
- YOU DO NOT HAVE A LEGAL LIFETIME LICENSE until the entire Lifetime license procedure is completed by office.